Beach house, further north, Valadares – Vila Nova de Gaia, close to Oporto. Quiet, safe area with few tourism. At 100 meters from the beach. Generous terrain, splitted in half. Independent access. Single storey house with large porch, large living room with kitchen, sofa bed (and foldable bed). Has children pool!!! You can enlarge or add to the wooden house, in Micro-Camping mode.
- 100 meters walk to the beach. Some rocks create small pool for kids to play. 🙂
- Greenway for hiking and biking.
- Wooden walkways along the beach.
- South near side, with local grocery store, old-fashioned, small, good products. 5 min walk. (closed Sunday afternoons)
- Also at south, Portuguese restaurant, local, “Casa da Praia”, and Café. 5 min walk. (closed on Wednesdays).
- Monument Sr da Pedra with magnificent sunsets. Restaurants. Golf. Pathway with horses and small river stream.
- North, for shopping, Continente Supermarket in Canidelo, 5min by car, 30min by foot.
- Lounge/Bars along the beach, ditto restaurants.
- Close to the city of Porto.
- Afurada with great fish, and nautical activities at Marina. Sailboat.
- Bus 906, 9min walk, to the train, or directly to Porto;
- Pets on public transport, only with their own travel bag.
- Local bike rental with BikePor.
- Electrical at Ciclo eBikes near D. Luis I Bridge.
- Swimming Pool is small, seasonal (for kids). July and August. Other months ask first.
- School Horses, to learn and/or leisure, near Valadares. AIE School Horses
- Rodanitours, sailboat tours at Afurada Douro Marina.
- Let’s Kombi, VW classic tours with Hugo Fonseca.
- Cab/ Táxis +351966421103 (Gaia): +351914839141 (Driver); +351919425484 (T659); +351227864000 (Coop)
- Location: Rua Caetano Remeão, n. 419, 4405-537 Valadares, V. N. Gaia – https://maps.app.goo.gl/G7iEqJhNhGYmod5C6
Nearby beach and House
More wooden pathways near golf course, horse riding, and Sr da Pedra Monument
- Miramar Golf Club, South 3.7km
- Espinho Golf Club, South, 15 km
- Quinta Monserrate Gaia, Club, Tennis and Padel, Indoor, etc, East 2.9Km
- Canidelo Camping (inside, don’t know if they allow standalone visitors), North 3.5km
- Parque da Aguda, South 5km
- Club Ténis Gaia, East 6km
- Solverde Hotel, South 8km
- Corgas Club, North, 10km
- Complexo de Ténis de Espinho, South 12km
Some waves for light surf, or padle.